Hello Reno! Like many of you, the staff at Patch take time off for the holidays, so there won’t be a newsletter in your inbox on Monday morning. We’ll see you early on Tuesday, but in the meantime, have a great Labor Day weekend!
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout your big announcement at the top of the Reno Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding, or new baby, let everyone celebrate at your side! Submit your ad here.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Hot; windy in the afternoon. High: 96 Low: 62.
🏡 Looking for more real estate leads in Reno? Let us help you reach potential buyers and set you apart from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top three stories in Reno today:
- The Great Reno Balloon Race is back! The 3-day event will take place September 9-11 at Rancho San Rafael Regional Park. The Great Reno Balloon Race is the world’s largest free balloon event. On average, 120,000 spectators attend the event each year. Click for more information. (FoxReno.com)
- The first-ever Reno Laborfest 2022 will take place in Idlewood Park on Monday. The Reno community is invited to attend the festival between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. The festival will celebrate the middle class and working families of the state. There will be food trucks, a beer garden, a children’s zone and much more! (KOLO)
- Reno-Tahoe International Airport will receive upgrades to accommodate the growing number of travelers visiting the area. The improvement plan will include a new ticket hall, a new loop road and possibly two new concourses. Updates will hopefully be complete by 2028. (Nevada Independent)
Today in and around Reno:
- Bad lands At Wingfield Park (6:30 a.m.)
- Sun Valley Auto Show At Sun Valley Community Park (9:00 a.m.)
From my notebook:
- here is the latest list of pets ready for adoption in the Reno area looking for a forever home. Click to see. (Reno Patch)
- There will be record temperatures in the Reno area through Monday. The National Weather Service reminds residents of stay hydrated, reduce outdoor activities and check in with loved ones. (US National Weather Service Reno Nevada via Facebook)
- Believe in Reno is scheduled for September 17 at 4:00 p.m. Mark your calendar! (City of Reno)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are officially informed for today. See you soon!
— Helene Eckhard
About me: Helen Eckhard is a Marketing Assistant at Lightning Media Partners. She is a self-proclaimed logophile who is currently pursuing her Masters in Library Science. Outside of work, you can find Helen building crossword puzzles, knitting, or devising increasingly clever ways to kill characters in her detective stories.